Approx. 5/8" diameter, approx. 3/8" deep
Accommodates a wide range of metal quantities; pour as little or as much metal into the mold as needed for your die.
- Approximate the amount of silver you'll need for your shot die.
- Melt a little more silver than you think you'll need in a seasoned crucible (not sold by Potter USA).
- Pour molten silver into this cone ingot mold in one smooth motion.
- The molten silver will not stick to the mold, so you should be able to tip the ingot out...be sure to use pliers! The metal and mold will be hot.
- Transfer the cone ingot to your shot die with the point facing down.
- Use a large, heavy hammer with a punch or a hydraulic press to drive the silver into the shot die.
- NOTE: If using a press, you do NOT need a small pusher. Either use our 2" tool steel pusher or just the steel upper platen of your press.
- NOTE: If you're going to be making multiples of the same shot die, you can trim one and weigh the finished piece to determine how much silver you need for that die. Be sure to add a little extra metal to allow for a flange so that your metal doesn't get stuck in the shot die.
Must watch this video in our Potter People Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/kevin.potter.12935/videos/10222750487904400