This die can be used to make a small box that is 2" x 2"x 1"tall
Cutting area is 4" across each direction at the largest points. The smaller sides are 1"
The outer area of the die is 7" wide x 8 1/2" high
Will not fit in the discontinued Potter USA medium press.
Potter USA Pancake Die Information:
- The pancake dies are designed to cut non-ferrous metal (copper, silver, brass, gold, nickel) 20 gauge and thicker to about 16 gauge.
- They work best when the metal is hard. If the metal is too soft, you will get a burr and it will be difficult to remove your part from the die. DO NOT ANNEAL METAL FIRST.
- The dies only work in one direction - with words FACE DOWN
- I will send them to you pre-sprung so that you know where to put the metal.
- If you use metal that is too thick or too thin, it is possible to damage the die.
- As long as you stay within the recommended gauges, the dies should last you many years under normal use.